Friday, January 12, 2007

They're Not Dissapointing Me

So far so good in the House of Representatives. I have to say that I'm impressed. They went straight for the jugular:

Passed a bill to provide for embryonic stem cell research;
Passed an increase to the minimum wage;
Passed a bill to implement the 9/11 commission recommendations.

The first obviously hits the President and the right wing Christians. It's good to see science prevailing over "faith" for a change. The minimum wage increase is good, although I think it should be more like $10.00 per hour instead of 7 and some change. Do I need to say anything about the third? It's obvious that the homeland is really no more secure than it was before 9/11.

It seems that they are proving me wrong. I hope they keep pressing; it's good to see something actually getting done in Washington.

No comments: